Monday, January 26, 2015

Letter 65 -- Hello everyone!



Hello Everybody!

Wow. Could I ask for a better week and life? I will try to put in as many things as possible. So many wonderful things happened this week.

I had kind of a fun surprise happen last night. We were given permission to join in the Stake choir for Stake Conference coming up. And Elder Ethridge, the temple missionary that is the choir director, will be gone for the next four weeks. At choir last night I was asked to be the choir director while he is gone. What?! Life is great. Back to the good ole days. And what's cooler is that K... got baptized last night, his wife isn't a member, and they both joined us for the practice. 
   Also, The ward already has me working in the ward. The Primary chorister told the Primary President Sunday morning that she wasn't going to be there. So Sister Phoenix asked me at church if I would be willing to do it. It was SO great because I have been working really hard to get to know everyone in the ward as soon as I can. So I shocked all the kids by telling each of them what their names were, who their siblings were... they thought I was superhuman haha. We were helping out some sisters this week, and I stayed in their apartment and all I could do was spend 30 minutes looking at the map of Brampton visualizing roads. haha I now know my way around this place.

   So cool experience! We had a sister go home this week, so Sister Hoki and I were blessed to spend her last night with her and take her to the airport. She hadn't been out on a mission for very long, and it was kind of hard for her to think if she had done much out here. The next day we went on exchanges with the sisters in her area and I went to her area with her old companion. They hadn't seen a whole lot of success in finding new people to teach in the past little while so we made the goal to find at least one new investigator that day. We WORKED that day. At the end, about 30 minutes before we were supposed to exchange back, we went to this area, and found ourselves just walking past houses. It felt right so we kept going until we found this house and decided to knock on it. The door opened and this man appeared and Sister Jolie yelled "G...!" Turns out that two weeks ago, while in the hospital, Sister Jolie's companion went over to talk to G... even though missionaries aren't supposed to proselyte there. They had a good conversation there and left it at that. Then we FOUND HIM AT HIS HOUSE! We taught him a little lesson and he is interested in allowing us back. If that is the ONLY reason our dear friend needed to serve the mission she served, it can 100% be counted as worth it - so that she could have met and talked to G... that one time. God works in mysterious ways :)

D... and M... both received the gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday! D... did work for her family two days ago, is set to get a temple recommend on Wednesday to go to the temple with her family names Wednesday night. And we get to go with her! Enduring to the end starts NOW!!!

I love you all! I love this gospel. I hope you have a wonderful week! Keep your standards and know that I love you! 

Sister Bodine

 PS...


This is a conversation that Sister Hoki had with someone on the phone recently:

Us: "Hi J....! It's the sister missionaries. We just wanted to
know when a time was that we could meet up?"
J: "Well, if you want to meet up today, you must come to the mall. To the BCC."
Us: "Alright, that's---"
J: "--DO YOU KNOW WHY I WILL BE AT THE MALL?"
Us: "Why will you be at the mall?"
(and then here's what I heard) J: "I'M LOOKING FOR FAYTEN."
Us: "Fayten? Who is Fayten?"
J: "NO. SATAN. I AM LOOKING FOR SATAN."
Us: "...Satan? Why are you looking for Satan?"
J: "I AM LOOKING FOR SATAN AT THE MALL BECAUSE I WANT TO KNOW WHEN HIS
BIRTHDAY IS."
Us: "...His birthday?"
J: "SATAN. I WANT TO KNOW WHEN HIS BIRTHDAY IS. WHO IS THIS CHRIST
PERSON? SATAN MUST HAVE A BIRTHDAY TOO. HE IS GOD'S SON. IF YOU HAD A
SON, WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO CELEBRATE HIS BIRTHDAY??"
Us: "Well, yes, but--"
J: "--THEN WHEN IS HIS BIRTHDAY??"
Us: "Well, actually, Satan wasn't born. That's part of the reason that
he hates us so much, and why he doesn't have a birthday. You need to
be born to have a birthday."
J: "WHAT HAS SATAN EVER DONE TO YOU?"
Us: [Thinking: PSH. What HASN'T Satan done??]
J: "HE IS YOUR FRIEND. HE HAS NEVER DONE ANYTHING TO YOU."




No comments:

Post a Comment