Monday, January 12, 2015

Letter 63 - Surprise!



Hello Everybody!

So the biggest news is that I am being transferred to Brampton! Yes, it is mid transfer. The reason for the change is that Sister Hoki is dying this transfer, and they planned to transfer Sister Mandla out but didn't want it to be a white wash. So they are switching Sister Mandla and I mid-transfer so I can have a few weeks to get to know the area. Sister Mandla and Sister Mencarelli were companions before so that will be fun for them to serve together again, and I will get to kill 4 of my 8 companions!!! So excited. Sister Hoki is a BRAIN SURGEON. No joke. Hopefully some of her smarts will rub off on me :) haha. I am so excited to serve with her in Brampton. But I am going to miss this place so much. I love Mississauga just like London. These people are my family. They will always have a special place in my heart. Bishop Fuller, his wife and I all shed some tears as we said good bye to each other. 

But what a tender mercy that God allowed me to stay here long enough to see M... GET BAPTIZED!!!! It was a wonderful turn out of members coming to support her. She was so excited, and she looked beautiful dressed in white! M... has a lot of health problems, her back has been really hurting her and she has a phobia for water, but she wanted to be baptized so badly that she said she knew it would all be worth it. Afterwards we asked her how her experience was and she told us that immediately when she got in the water, her back pain was gone and she felt immediate peace. She felt no pain for the rest of the baptism. It came back right after the service ended and it was a testimony  of the tender mercies of the Lord. Wonderful! We have changed up the style of the baptismal program in our missions where now, we have both talks before the ordinance, and we save the welcome to the ward from the Bishop for the next week when they get confirmed, so that the last part of the program is the convert's testimony. When M... came back she shared the sweetest testimony. She shared an experience with all of us that she didn't tell us about before. A few months ago she said she was feeling very alone and didn't know what she needed to do in her life. She prayed to God for guidance. Two days later, we came into her life. She cried during the whole testimony - we had only seen her cry a couple times while meeting with her - it was so sincere. 

Goodness I just love this work. I don't like trying to write it down for you to understand what's in my head. I am so filled with joy, like Ammon, that I sometimes probably seem a little too passionate when I tell people about it on the streets haha. just kidding, there is no such thing as too passionate :) I LOVE sharing my testimony. There is no greater feeling than the spirit testifying to yourself that what you just said is true; the gospel is so good :) I LOVE Sister Mencarelli. I have been blessed with so many amazing companions. 
I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!!

Keep your standards!!

Sister Bodine


Bishop Fuller

M... Baptism

My Mission Wall


No comments:

Post a Comment