Monday, September 29, 2014

Letter 48 -- Just another great week :)



So transfers this week! Some of you were curious as to what I think is going to happen. We have a feeling that I am going to stay - simply because we received a call from the Assistant's asking for me to sing in a trio with a couple other sisters for MLC, and that is happening next transfer haha. I love my companion so much and would love another transfer with her, but I also really hope that she would be able to finish her mission in Chinese work. That's what she hopes. I guess we'll see next week!

We dropped by a referral named A and her friend S... this week. When we got there, she was completely drunk so we decided to just sing her a song and come back another time. Haha the whole time we were singing, she had her eyes closed, and her hands up above her head leading us to the music, and yelling "Bravo! Bravo! Beautisimo!" It was pretty hard to keep from laughing, and feeling the spirit during the song because of her reaction. But what I neglected to notice until after we finished, was the look on S...'s face. His eyes were big and filled with tears. He speaks Polish and knew very little English, but we could tell that he felt something. He gave us his number and asked us to call him again. We will see what ends up happening with S... :) Really cool!

I was blessed to go on exchanges in a Spanish area again this week! Hermana Guerra is amazing. She is the perfect example of power. I loved hearing her talk to people on the streets and see how much urgency she has in sharing her testimony with them. You can tell what is most important to her as she speaks with people. And even when I couldn't understand much of what they were saying in lessons, I could see that the members and investigators we visited just LOVE her and Hermana Fife so much. It was overall an amazing exchange. And boy do Spanish people know how to feed missionaries! It was all so delicious and there was a LOT of it. I felt like I was eating the entire day haha.

Women's Conference was AMAZING as always! Haha just like last time, I cried as it started, thinking about how I was watching it the same time as my mommy. An overwhelming feeling of love for her came over me. Thanks for raising me in the gospel, mommy and daddy! I am so grateful. I am so grateful for ALL the wonderful women in my life! A big shout out to Brittany, Andrea, Taryn, April, my wonderful Grandmothers, Kayla, Tessa, Callie, and the new little precious one that's on her way :) I am so grateful for all of you.
    We had a dinner with all the sisters in the stake just before the Broadcast, and we played the game of "What if" on our tables. It's where you write a random question like "What if the sky was purple instead of blue?" - you put it in a pile and then someone else writes an answer for the question on the paper. Then you go around in a circle and one person asks their question, and their neighbor answers the question with the answer on their own paper. (hope that makes sense) Hahaha one of the greatest things a person could ever experience is playing that game on a table full of 70 and 80 year-old Jamaican Relief Society sisters. They were hooting and hollering with laughter the whole time. SOOOO funny.
  Some of my favorite quotes from the conference:
    -Where much is given, much is required. "Where much is required, much more is given." -Linda K. Burton
    -In answer to the question, "Do we really need to follow ALL of God's commandments?" Pres. Uchtdorf answers, "I think God knows something that we don't." There is always a reason and always a blessing connected with God's commandments.


This transfer's lesson has really been based on the power of listening to the spirit. One example was yesterday when we were going to visit with a less-active family, the M....'s. We finished our prayer in the car and were about to get out, when we both felt prompted to change our lesson plans. Instead of talking about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we felt we should focus simply on how to gain a testimony. During our simple overview, M.... M.... got really excited and said something along the lines of, "I knew you were going to say something I needed! I've being thinking a lot about how I don't feel I have my own testimony, and right now you came to teach me how to gain one!" It was a very spiritual lesson. They both listened so intently as we taught them how to gain a testimony. But the greatest part of the visit was seeing their faces when we acknowledged what they were saying and helped them recognize the testimony that they already have. So cool! Both she and X... committed to read the entire Book of Mormon, cover to cover, for the first time in their lives.

We were blessed to go to the temple this last Saturday! I GOT TO GO TO THE TEMPLE LAST SATURDAY. First time in a year. Greatest day ever. And what's even better? As we were outside taking pictures, a little person ran up and gave me a hug, and then someone else wrapped their arms around me. I turned around and who did I see? The Palladino family from London!! I died. It was so much fun to see them. The ward was having a Primary temple trip and they all came at the perfect time, so I got to see the Jenkinson, Palladino, Davies, Rapacz, and bunch of other families! I love those people so darn much.

Well I love you all! I hope you have the greatest week! Thank you for all the prayers and support in behalf of this work! I will be a missionary for the rest of my life!!!! Keep your standards! Love you!

Sister Bodine

Sisters Hsuing, Guerra, Fife and Bodine. Photo bomber is Elder Safaee


No comments:

Post a Comment