Monday, April 27, 2015

What My Mission Has Meant To Me :)



This is one of the hardest things I could possible do! Haha the reason being, you would need to give me 18 months and 1 week's worth to really help you understand a portion of what this mission has meant to me! If you you have or are serving a mission you know how I feel :) I have a testimony of beginning with the end in mind as a result of my mission. Originally, I did not plan to serve a mission because the things stated in my Patriarchal Blessing made it seem that God needed me to be focusing on strengthening the members of the church rather than serving a mission and teaching people that have not heard about it (I definitely didn't understand missionary work at that time haha). But now, looking back, I know with all my heart that none of the promises in my Blessing could have been fulfilled had I not served a mission. I have BECOME a true disciple. My nature has been changed. I have always had a strong testimony. I have always lived the standards, and loved everything about the gospel. But now I know how to share that with others. I know how to strengthen the members of the church the way God needs me to. I understand the basic doctrines of the gospel so now my foundation is firm and undaunted. I will not be swayed. I PROMISE to continue the simple, vital habits of "CPR" to continue to learn about God's plan - the FULNESS of His gospel. I love this work. It is God's kingdom. The Book of Mormon is God's word. Joseph Smith was God's chosen representative, and Thomas S. Monson is His chosen prophet today. It is God's "work and [His] glory" to see His children happy. And there is no way that I could be happier with the work that He has called me to perform. I love this place with all my heart. These people are my world. I am so grateful for my Savior, for His sacrifice, His life and example. He has been my strength and my song through this journey. I WILL SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE bearing witness that He IS the Christ, the Son of the living God. Our Savior and our Brother. Pretty soon, my name tag will be taken off, but no one can take off what has been written on my heart. I am a full-out, true and true disciple of Jesus Christ. My duty is to help people see HIS light through me for the rest of my life. Challenge accepted :)

1 comment:

  1. beautiful testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ you for serving with all your mind and soul force can be felt even from so far away and I can feel his strong faith and witness.
    I know Heavenly Father will have an eternal dwelling place for you for all your great love and faith.
    Thanks for helping us strengthen our faith in Jesus Christ even when you do not conosco I can feel his spiritual strength many gracias.atte. Brother Rodolfo Lopez Santacruz me email santacruw@hotmail =)

    ReplyDelete