Monday, November 10, 2014

Letter 54 - Life is great :)



Okay, I just have to start by telling you HOW MUCH I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!!! Holy cow it's just the best thing in the world. This week was a wonderful, meeting-filled week with Mission Leadership Council, Zone Training, Exchanges, Missionary Coordinating Council with the Stake President - it was a week of constant spiritual headaches (headaches that come when you feel the spirit really strongly for a long period of time haha). President and Sister Clayton have received revelation for the mission with regards to combining our efforts with the members, and it is going to change the style of missionary work we are doing. I AM STOKED!!!! Haha, every time we have a meeting about it, I get so excited and ideas fly through my head about the type of member missionary I want to be - and then I remember I am a missionary right now and I get to help members be missionaries, and I get to teach their friends and family!!! GAAHHHH!!!! It's so great.
  
With all the meetings we had this week, our time to talk to people was limited. So every time we were able to get out and talk to people, Sister Hsiung and I were on Cloud nine. You don't really realize how much you love something until you aren't able to do it. Exchanges this week with Sister Crandall and Hermana Okelberry were amazing.

We have been spending a lot more time with the members, developing relationships and building their trust. On short short notice we were invited to attend two different Family Home Evenings on Monday. They were so wonderful. I am sorry for not making Family Home Evening more of a priority while I was at home. I realize our Sunday evenings were pretty much our FHE, and they will ALWAYS be some of my favorite memories, but I could have done better at making sure we incorporated the gospel in it. That will change when I get home :) I invite you to do it in your families every week! It's a commandment from God that will only strengthen, connect, and protect our families. We were blessed to conduct an FHE in a family where the father is inactive. And it was so tender watching him go from sitting on a separate couch as the family, looking away, not saying a thing, to sitting with everyone, participating in the game, laughing with his wife and daughters. Not to mention he committed to reading the Book of Mormon with his family! 

Our last experience of the week happened at 8:45 in the evening just as we were about to leave the area we were contacting in to go home. We saw this lady at the cross walk and she shook our hands and said "hello sisters". A member! She is inactive, she served a mission, and she has a son serving a mission in the Phillippines. It was a very short visit because we had to leave, but the spirit was so strong! And she acknowledged that she felt it and she knew that God wanted her to meet with us. She agreed to meet with us on Tuesday. Sister Hsiung and I felt so happy that we are blessed to help an Elder receive an answer to his prayers by meeting with his mom and helping her come back! 

Transfers are next week! My guess is that Sister Hsiung is going to get transferred to China (companion is still unknown) and I am staying in Mississauga for a little while more. Sister Hsiung thinks otherwise. She thinks she is staying here and I am getting transferred to be a junior companion in YSA work..... haha she wishes she was staying ;) (Sister Hsiung told me to write all that) We have a guess for who my companion will be but we shall see if we are right next week :) We are having a meeting with President Clayton this week with the leadership council and other future leaders. So we will have a little preview of the possibilities haha that should be fun. 

I love you all! Have a wonderful week! Keep your standards!

Sister Bodine

No comments:

Post a Comment