Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Letter 40 - Short but true :)



Hey everybody! How's it going?! We are writing on Tuesday because there was a holiday yesterday and everything was closed. What was the holiday you might ask? I have no idea!! Haha

So we had a really really cool surprise at District Meeting on Wednesday. Elder Frame invited me to bear my testimony about the really cool experience Sister Von Niederhausern and I had with teaching Larry the First lesson. Just as I was about to get up, who comes into the room? President and Sister Clayton!! WOHOO!!! I mentally jumped for joy, and physically blushed beyond anything imageinable haha. This was their first time coming to a District Meeting and they came to ours! It was a really powerful one by Elder Frame too so it was cool. During roleplays, President Clayton asked if he could watch Sister Von Niederhausern and I as we taught. I felt honored having him and Sister Clayton there with us. Haha I JUST LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!

This is what I learned this week: Alma 26 is the perfect example of righteous missionaries (Sons of Mosiah) receiving a righteous reward for their patience and diligence. They were blessed to accomplish all the righteous desires of their hears. If we are doing the right thing for the right reasons, that doesn't mean that trials and complications won't arise. It's a part of the process. Along with our mission being a place where we bless others' lives, it is also a refiner's fire for ourselves - an opportunity for us to find out more fully who we are, but most of all who we can become. I feel that if we are doing our part and we face difficulties, it shows that God trusts us and He is preparing us and strengthening us for something even harder, even greater that lies ahead of us.
   My trials right now are so small in comparison to eternity, but it is so IMPORTANT that I learn everything I possible can from these trials because it will EFFECT my eternity.

I'm sorry this is so short. I got to write a bunch of family, friends, and mission companions during this time. I will be a better letter next week I PROMISE!! But know that this gospel is true and this week is going to be an amazing one for all of us. I know that miracles happen when we put all our trust in God and His timing.

Have a great week and keep your standards everyone! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Sister Bodine

1 comment: